Grand Tour of South India26 DAYS - 25 NIGHTS
Route: Chennai » Kanchipuram » Mahabalipurm » Pondicherry » Tanjore » Tiruchirapalli » Madurai » Periyar » Kumarakam » Alleppey » Kochi » Bangalore » Mysore » Hassan » Halibid » Belur » Hospet » Hampi » Badami » Goa » Mumbai
Day 1 – Chennai
Is the capital of Tamilnadu considered as gateway of South India, National Art Gallery and Museum with a fine collection of ancient paintings, Fort St. George, St. Mary’s Church, Marina Beach (the second longest in the world), San Thome Cathedral and Mylapore Shiva Temple are the main key attraction of this city.
Day 2 – Kanchipuram – Mahabalipuram (60 KM)
One of the seven sacred cities of India also famous for its hand-woven silk fabrics. Visit Kailashnatha temple, Ekambareswara Temple which is dedicated to Shiva. This is one the largest temple covering nine hectares of land. Later on depart to Mahabalipuram check into the hotel and relax.
Day 03 – Mahabalipuram
Also known as the second pagodas, the principal attraction of this town are wonderful monolithic monuments and stone sculptures. The important monuments are the five Rathas, the Bas-Relief on a huge rock popularly known as Arjuna’s penance, Mahisasura Madapam and the shore temple.
Day 4 – Pondicherry (134 KM)
Pondicherry which was formerly a French Colony settled early in the 18th century. The main attraction here is the Aurobindo Ashram which was founded by Sri Aurobindo in 1926. The ashram is the one of the most popular in India with westerns and is also one of the most affluent. Visit Pondicherry museum and sculpture gallery an outstanding collection of artifacts.
Day 5 Tanjore (177 Km)
Tanjore is the literary and religious centre of south India. The celebrated temple Brihadeshra built by the Chola King during the 11th century is its major attraction. The Saraswati Mahal library, containing a rare collection of books and manuscripts on paper and palm leaves.
Day 6 – Tiruchirapally (54 Kms)
Also known as Trichy the rock fort is land mark of Trichy with Ganesh Temple on the top. Visit Rock Fort Temple in Trichy and the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple at Srirangam this superb temple complex is surrounded by seven concentric walls with 21 Gopurams.
Day 7 – Madurai (128 Kms)
One of the oldest cities in South India it is famous for its 1000 pillared Meenakshi Temple. You can also take to the special religious night ceremony held in the temple. Another key attraction of this town is Thirumalai Nayak’s palace and Gandhi Museum.
Day 8 – Periyar 150 Km
One of the best game sanctuaries in India enjoy boating on the lake Periyar and explore the sanctuary at its best. Later visit the spice plantations like cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, coffee and tea estates. You can shop at the local market.
Day 09 – Kumarakom (140 Km)
Kumarakom, a cozy little island just 16 kilometer west of Kottayam in India’s favorite destination – Kerala, is renowned the world over for its exotic migratory birds, self sustaining eco-system and hospital on arrival check into the hotel after taking brief leisure visit Kumarakom bird sanctuary at evening see the breathtaking view of lake during the sunset leaves a spellbound.
Day 10 – Alleppey (45 Km)
Enjoy boat ride at Vembananad Lake which gives one a fascinating insight into the life of Keralan Backwater. On the narrow strip of land fisherman fishing, children are swimming and playing in the water, women doing their daily chores.
Day 11 – Cochin (56 Kms)
The commercial capital of Kerala also famous for its Asia’s best preserved Synagogue, the Dutch Palace and the oldest European Church in India – the St. Francis Church where Vasco-De-Gama was originally buried. A leisurely walk through the Fort Cochin, find close looks Chines fishing nets. In the evening attend the traditional Kathakali Dance show.
Day 12 Kochi – Flight -Bangalore
Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka. Visit the famous Lal Bagh Botanical Garden, known for housing a variety of old trees, roses, fountains, pools, and an assortment of herbs. Also visit the Cubbon Park, Bull temple and Mysore Arts and Crafts Centre while driving through the Vidhan Soudha, a beautiful colonial building housing the state legislature and secretariat
Day 13 – Mysore 130 Kms
Mysore known for its magnificent palaces and majestic buildings, sprawling garden, shimmering silk and sandalwood, the ‘City Royale’ always figures in the tourist’s itinerary, enroute visit Srirangapatnam – Island fortress of Tippu Sultan. Visit Tippu’s summer Palace, Mosque, and Srirangapatnam Temple at evening visit Chamundi Hill – perched a top a hill-the 4.8m tall monolith of Nandi and the gigantic Mahishasura statue are added attractions.
Day 14 – Mysore
This day full day sightseeing, visit Maharaja Palace, the art gallery in the Jaganmohan Palace houses. Later on in the evening visit Brindavan Garden- the Krishna Raja Sagar after sun down, when musical fountains and colored lights transform this place into a magical fairy land.
Day 15 – Hassan (161 Km)
Proceed to Hassan enroute visit Sravanbelgola one of the oldest and most important Jain pilgrimage centers in India, and the site of the 17m high status of Gomateshwara, said to the world’s tallest monolithic statue.
Day 16 Hassan – Halebid – Belur – Hassan
Excursion to Hoysala Temples of Halebid and Belur visit the Hoysaleswara Temple at Halebid which is the most outstanding example if Hoysala art and Tradition. At Belur, visit the Channekeshava temple.
Day 17 Hospet / Hampi 362 Kms
Hampi the world Heritage Centre is the most beautiful and evocative of all the ruins of Karnataka key attraction of this palace is King’s Palace, Mahanavami Dibba and Queen’s Bath- This structure has a very plain exterior but the interior is stunningly ornate, with graceful arched corridors, projecting balconies and lotus-shaped fountains.
Day 18 Hospet – Hampi
This day full day sightseeing, visit to Lotus Mahal this visually appealing structure has two levels, with open pavilions at the bottom and balconies above. An elegant example of the fusion of the Hindu and Muslim styles of architecture, later on visit Elephant Stables, Pushkarni and Hazara Rama Temple – This was a royal temple reserved for ceremonial use.
Day 19 Hospet – Badami 195 Km
Proceed to Badami, half day sight seeing visiting to Badami Caves – Picturesquely situated at the mouth of a ravine between two rocky hills, North Fort – This is the largest enclosure, Banashankari – is a quaint hamlet taking its name from the goddess Banashankari. Built in the Dravidian style, the temple is dedicated to Banashankari, a form of Parvati.
Day 20 Badami
Proceed for a day excursion to Aihole and Pattadakal, Aihole – is famous as the Cradle of Indian Temple Architecture has over 125temples including Lad Khan Temple, Drug (fort) Temple, Ravalphadi Cave Temple, Konti Temple Complex, Jain Meguthi Temple are few not to be missed. Pattadakal- a World Heritage center has 10 major temples representing early Chalukyan architecture.
Day 21-23 Goa 345 Km
Leave for Goa arrive Goa and check in at prebooked hotel..
Day 24 Goa – Flight- Mumbai
Transfer to airport to board flight for Mumbai. Arrive Mumbai and transfer to hotel.
Day 25 Mumbai
Excursion to Elephanta Caves after half day city tour of Mumbai
Day 26 Depart Mumbai
Transfer to airport to board flight back home/ onward destination. Tour Ends.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES WITH FOLLOWING SERVICES
- This package tour is personalized & individual and can be started at any time of the year. This tour is based on private departures, where you are benefit from having a private executive car and freedom to stop en-route for breaks or for photographic opportunities.
- Air-conditioned car with driver, all inclusive. Fuel for car, Insurance, Road and State taxes, Toll taxes, Parking fees and all transport related expense including Driver’s food and lodging.
- Driver with excellent skills and record, a good knowledge of the area you are visiting and sufficient English to communicate with you.
- The car will be with you from your arrival to departure with as many stops to sightseeing as you want enroute.
- Double bed room with breakfast and all taxes included.
- Accommodation in Double Rooms on twin sharing basis.
- Transfers and land transportation according to proposed itinerary.
Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports, hotels by our company representative.
- Elephant ride at Amber fort in Jaipur.
- Sunset time Boating in Lake Pichola.
Services Not Included
FOLLOWING SERVICES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICES
- Tips, laundry, telephone bills, postage, and Beverages. Meals unless specified.
- Entrances to Monuments and other specified destination.
- Movie/video camera fee at monuments.
- Domestic or International airfare unless specified.
- Medical or baggage insurance.
- Airport Departure taxes, Visa Charge
Tips and gratuities.
- Any other service that has not been specified
- Your game safaris in the National Parks unless specified above.
- New Year, Christmas, festivals & Events Period (supplements to be advised, if required)
SPECIAL NOTE FOR YOUR HELP AND INFORMATION:
- Accommodation in Double Rooms on twin sharing basis.
- Hotels, train & flight reservations are subject to availability.
- Fares/rates are subject to change.
Euro, British Ponds and Dollars easily exchangeable in India.
- Any other service that has not been specified and you want to add, please let us know.
- If any above hotel is sold-out then other similar level hotel is guaranteed.
- During travel, if you want to change any hotel, you have to inform us 7 days prior.
- We are not responsible for any political demonstration, Natural calamity, Traffic jams etc.
- We are not responsible for any flight or train cancellation or no-show at the last moment. In such situation the compensation and dealings will be between you and the concerning company, we are not obliged to play role as mediator.
- Elephant ride in Jaipur is subject to availability of elephant.
- Taj Mahal is closed on Friday.
- Red Fort (Delhi) is closed on Monday.