Glimpses of South India12 DAYS - 11 NIGHTS
Day 1 – Chennai
The capital of Tamilnadu considered as gateway of South India, National Art Gallery and Museum with a fine collection of ancient paintings, Fort St. George, St. Mary’s Church, Marina Beach (the second longest in the world), San Thome Cathedral and Mylapore Shiva Temple are the main key attraction of this city.
Day 2 – Chennai – Train – Mysore
Depart to Chennai Railway Station to board your train to Mysore – Known for its magnificent palaces and majestic buildings, sprawling garden, shimmering silk and sandalwood, the ‘City Royale’ always figures in the tourist’s itinerary, enroute visit Srirangapatnam – Island fortress of Tippu Sultan. Visit Tippu’s summer Palace, Mosque, and Srirangapatnam Temple at evening visit Chamundi Hill – perched a top a hill-the 4.8m tall monolith of Nandi and the gigantic Mahishasura statue are added attractions.
Day 3 – Mysore
This day full day sightseeing, visit Maharaja Palace, the art gallery in the Jaganmohan Palace houses. Later on in the evening visit Brindavan Garden- the Krishna Raja Sagar after sun down, when musical fountains and colored lights transform this place into a magical fairy land.
Day 4 – Ooty
Ooty – called the Queen of Hill Station picturesque, green Udhagamandalam better known, as Ooty is the most popular hill station in the south, enroute visit Bandipur National Park and Mudumalai wildlife Sanctuary, later on visit Ooty Lake and Rose Garden.
Day 5 – Ooty – Cochin (285 Kms)
Proceed to Cochin -“Queen of the Arabian Sea,” commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, evening at leisure.
Day 6 – Cochin
The commercial capital of Kerala also famous for its Asia’s best preserved Synagogue, the Dutch Palace and the oldest European Church in India – the St. Francis Church where Vasco-De-Gama was originally buried. A leisurely walk through the Fort Cochin, find close looks Chines fishing nets. In the evening attend the traditional Kathakali Dance show.
Day 7 – Kumarakom
Drive to Kumarakom, Kumarakom is technically an island on Lake Vembanad. An ideal palace to relax with one of the best surrounding. Embark on deluxe Houseboat for backwater cruise. As the boat glide along the backwaters one can see the daily life in the backwater villages. The breathtaking view of the lake during the dawn and dusk leaves you spellbound
Day 8 – Trichurapalli
Also known as Trichy the rock fort is land mark of Trichy with Ganesh Temple on the top. Visit Rock Fort Temple in Trichy and the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple at Srirangam this superb temple complex is surrounded by seven concentric walls with 21 Gopurams.
Day 9 – Trichurapalli Tanjore Trichurapalli
Proceed for a day trip to Tanjavur; Tanjore is the literary and religious centre of south India. The celebrated temple Brihadeshra built by the Chola King during the 11th century is its major attraction. The Saraswati Mahal library, containing a rare collection of books and manuscripts on paper and palm leaves. Return to Tiruchinapally, and overnight.
Day 10 – Trichurapalli – Mamallapuram
Morning breakfast, checkout and proceed to Mamallapuram – though it is no longer a port, Mamallapuram has retained its fame, thanks to the great Pallava artisans. On arrival check in to a beach resort. Rest of the day free and overnight
Day 11 – Mamallapuram
Also known as the second pagodas, the principal attraction of this town are wonderful monolithic monuments and stone sculptures. The important monuments are the five Rathas, the Bas-Relief on a huge rock popularly known as Arjuna’s penance, Mahisasura Madapam and the shore temple.
Day 12 – Chennai
Depart to Chennai enroute visit Kanchipuram One of the seven sacred cities of India also famous for its hand-woven silk fabrics. Visit Kailashnatha temple, Ekambareswara Temple which is dedicated to Shiva. This is one the largest temple covering nine hectares of land. Later on depart to Chennai depart to Mahabalipuram board your flight for onward journey. Tour Ends.
- This package tour is personalized & individual and can be started at any time of the year. This tour is based on private departures, where you are benefit from having a private executive car and freedom to stop en-route for breaks or for photographic opportunities.
- Air-conditioned car with driver, all inclusive. Fuel for car, Insurance, Road and State taxes, Toll taxes, Parking fees and all transport related expense including Driver’s food and lodging.
- Driver with excellent skills and record, a good knowledge of the area you are visiting and sufficient English to communicate with you.
- The car will be with you from your arrival to departure with as many stops to sightseeing as you want enroute.
- Double bed room with breakfast and all taxes included.
- Accommodation in Double Rooms on twin sharing basis.
- Transfers and land transportation according to proposed itinerary.
Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure at airports, hotels by our company representative.
- Elephant ride at Amber fort in Jaipur.
- Sunset time Boating in Lake Pichola.
Services Not Included
- Tips, laundry, telephone bills, postage, and Beverages. Meals unless specified.
- Entrances to Monuments and other specified destination.
- Movie/video camera fee at monuments.
- Domestic or International airfare unless specified.
- Medical or baggage insurance.
- Airport Departure taxes, Visa Charge
Tips and gratuities.
- Any other service that has not been specified
- Your game safaris in the National Parks unless specified above.
- New Year, Christmas, festivals & Events Period (supplements to be advised, if required)
- Accommodation in Double Rooms on twin sharing basis.
- Hotels, train & flight reservations are subject to availability.
- Fares/rates are subject to change.
Euro, British Ponds and Dollars easily exchangeable in India.
- Any other service that has not been specified and you want to add, please let us know.
- If any above hotel is sold-out then other similar level hotel is guaranteed.
- During travel, if you want to change any hotel, you have to inform us 7 days prior.
- We are not responsible for any political demonstration, Natural calamity, Traffic jams etc.
- We are not responsible for any flight or train cancellation or no-show at the last moment. In such situation the compensation and dealings will be between you and the concerning company, we are not obliged to play role as mediator.
- Elephant ride in Jaipur is subject to availability of elephant.
- Taj Mahal is closed on Friday.
- Red Fort (Delhi) is closed on Monday.